Thermaltake BlacX Hard Drive Docking StationMon, Sep 15, 2008 - 12:00 AM
Thermaltake sent us one of their BlacX docking stations for review, now some are looking at it wondering why and the rest are saying ‘YES!’, I fall into the “yes” crowd. Why you ask, well I can’t tell you how many times I tore apart a drive enclosure to make mine own ghetto version of the BlacX for a file recovery setup so I didn’t have to keep installing/uninstalling drives into a external cage or my PC case. Now let’s get to know the BlacX a little better by going over its features and specifications.
- Patented Design RoHS Compliance Supports All 2.5” & 3.5” SATA HDDs up to 1TB
- Hot-Swap Capability for Rapid Multi HDDs Access & Exchange
- Supports USB 2.0 Transfer Speed up to 480Mbps
- Windows & Mac OS Compatible
- Compact Docking Station Design maximizes Heat Dissipation & Exhaust
- Windows Vista Ready
- Enclosure Interface: USB 2.0
- Transfer Rate: Up to 480 Mbps (Max)
- HDD Compatible: SATA I, SATA II HDD
- Capacity: All 2.5” or 3.5” SATA HDD up to 1TB
- OS Compatible:
- Windows: Vista/XP/2003/2000/NT/98/95
- Mac: 10.3 and later
- Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz / 1A
- Output: 12V / 2A
The BlacX comes in a nice box sporting the docking station with a Raptor X drive set in it. This combination would make for a nice conversation piece, but chances are if you have one of these drives its in your case not setting on your desk gathering dust.
Looking in the box we can see that the BlacX itself is protected with bubble wrap.
With everything out of the box we can see all that comes with the BlacX. You get the BlacX, USB cable, quick start guide, and power adaptor.