Thermalright Venomous X CPU Cooler ReviewFri, Feb 19, 2010 - 12:00 AM
Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler
Thermalright is one of the top cooler manufactures, and for many years they sat as king of the hill with the Ultra 120 (or TRUE as some call it) and its many revisions. In the last couple of years that status has been challenged by companies like Noctua with the NH-U12P, and more recently the NH-D14. To get back on the top of the hill Thermalright has updated the Ultra 120 design and has called it the Venomous X.
We recently tested the Noctua NH-D14 and were very curious to see how the new Venomous X compared. So we contacted out friends at Crazy PC and they were nice enough to send us over a retail Venomous X. Let’s get started by looking over the specifications and features of the Venomous X.
- All new patented multiple support pressure vault bracket system allows users to add pressure to the bracket system (40~70 lbs.) and have a more efficient and secure mounting (1366 / 1156 / 775).
- Mirrored copper base increasingly upgrades the quality and the performance of the heatsink.
- Special bent winglet design allows hot air to pass the heatsink more rapidly.
- Heatsinks are all nickel plated to ensure the best quality and performance and could last for years.
- Soldered heatpipes and copper base and fins to ensure the best thermal conducting efficiency.
- Six sintered heatpipe design: all heatpipes are nickel plated to slow the oxidation deterioration to the heatpipe and to ensure longer usage and performance of the heatsink for the cpu.
- Includes 2 sets of 120 x 25mm fan clips and Chill factor II thermal paste.
- Convex copper base design to ensure the highest thermal conducting thermal efficiency between the cpu and the heatsink.
- Heatsink Dimension: Length 127mm x Width 63mm x Height 160mm
- Weight: 755 g (excluding fan and bracket system)
- Heatpipe: 6mm sintered heatpipe x 6 units
- Copper base: C1100 pure nickel plated copper base, with ultra-shine mirrored surface.
The Venomous X comes in a nice classy looking and very sturdy box.
Inside we can see the cooler is cradled nicely in a high density foam under a small accessories box.