Steelseries Siberia V2 Frost USB-Powered Headset ReviewFri, Oct 26, 2012 - 12:00 AM
Introducing the Steelseries Siberia V2 Frost USB-Powered Headset
As we mentioned, the SteelSeries Siberia V2 collection is a complete line made in nine different colors, two themes (Diablo III and Counterstrike) and a special edition Pink model for support of Breast Cancer Research Foundation. There are Siberia models for the PS3 and Xbox 360 and even models for the Ipod, Iphone and Ipad. Clearly SteelSeries has taken their best performing headset and made it available to almost every gaming platform or musical device on the planet. Prices for the Siberia headset range from $80 up to $130 depending on the model but the Siberia Frost Blue edition is what we will be looking at today.
Before we open up the box, let’s take a look at some of the cool features of the SteelSeries Siberia V2 Frost Blue USB powered headset.
Siberia V2 Frost Features:
- Programmable Frost Blue illumination: on/off, pulsation, intensity, and trigger modes.
- Pull-out, Active Noise-Canceling Microphone System.
- Inline controls for easy access to volume and microphone mute.
- Integrated USB powered sound card provides rich, detailed soundscape.
- 50mm drivers with large, comfortable earcups.
- Powered by SteelSeries Engine, customizable equalizer and profiles.
- PC/Mac compatible (SteelSeries Engine for Mac coming late 2012)
And some of the hardware specifications:
- Frequency response: 18 – 28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 40 Ohm
- Cable length: 3 ft.
- USB Cable extension: 6.5 ft.
- Frequency response: 50 – 16,000 Hz
- Pick up pattern: Uni-directional
- Sensitivity: -38 dB
- Active noise reduction: Up to 20dB
Let’s now take a closer look at the SteelSeries Siberia V2 Frost.