Seagate Unveils World’s Fastest Enterprise Hard DriveTue, Jul 23, 2013 - 9:31 AM
Seagate today announced it is shipping the world’s fastest hard drive, the Seagate Enterprise Turbo SSHD. The industry’s first enterprise solid state hybrid drive (SSHD), the Enterprise Turbo SSHD combines the capacity of a hard drive with solid-state flash enabling high-speed performance for mission critical data. The Enterprise Turbo SSHD provides up to a 3X increase in random performance over existing 15K-RPM drives and is available with up to 600GB of capacity. By unifying the best of solid-state and magnetic technologies, Turbo improves tiered storage performance combining accelerated speed with hard disk drive (HDD) high-capacity.
Key features of the Seagate Enterprise Turbo SSHD include:
- World’s Fastest Enterprise Hard Drive— boasts ultra-fast speed with up to 3X the increase in random performance over standard 15K-RPM drives.
- Industry’s First Enterprise SSHD— delivers transparent SSD-like performance to most heavily accessed data.
- Ultimate Capacity— features up to 600GB of capacity— the highest enterprise performance drive available today.
- Affordably Priced— yields 3X the current mission critical HDD random performance at an HDD-comparable price.
- High-Reliability— provides enterprise endurance and reliability.
“Typically the most demanding mission critical applications for 15K drives have improved performance by compromising on capacity and cost per GB,” said Rocky Pimentel, Seagate executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer. “With the Enterprise Turbo SSHD, we deliver a no compromise drive that provides high-speed performance while enabling customers to leverage all of Turbo’s capacity. The result, a combination of performance and capacity that we believe represents a new paradigm shift for mission critical, enterprise storage— a real game changer in storage solutions now and for generations to come.”