Kingston’s Data Center PCIe SSD Unleashes the Industry’s Highest Data Throughput for the World’s Most Media-intensive Applications
Powerful Demonstrations Highlight Value of Kingston’s Low-latency Storage Architecture for Professionals in Omniplatform Broadcast, Digital Effects, 8K & More
NAB Las Vegas, April 24, 2017 & Fountain Valley, CA –
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it will demonstrate its newest Data Center PCIe NVMe SSD (DCP1000)
to broadcast professionals and digital artists at the National Association of Broadcasters 2017 Show
(NAB) in Las Vegas, NV. DCP1000 offers the industry’s highest data throughput for media intensive applications that depend on high-performance storage to compete.
“With the lowest latency and highest data throughput in the industry, DCP1000 is the solution the media and production industry needs to turn the latest exclusive story into production-ready broadcast content or render high-resolution video on tight deadlines,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “DCP1000 is the perfect solution to meet the needs of digital content professionals in a wide variety of production environments utilizing many industry-leading production applications.”
Broadcast and digital content professionals face unprecedented production windows for delivering multi-platform digital content across a fiercely competitive and deeply fragmented media landscape. DCP1000 solves the challenge by delivering up to 7GB/s ultra-low latency read performance and 6GB/s write, as well as up to 1.25 million IOPS from a single device occupying one PCIe slot. In an ever-increasing digital world, production companies with data-intensive compute and processing requirements will realize the real-world benefits of the DCP1000 through:
- Significant performance improvements for high resolution image editing and compositing, video encoding/transcoding and other production activities;
- Reduced video playback and rendering from minutes to seconds;
- Manipulating content in real time and reducing delays in the production pipeline that can affect deadline-driven task completion;
- Excelling in emerging media such as 8K digital production and advanced virtual reality ecosystems in which already significant storage requirements grow with each new breakthrough.
At Kingston’s booth (South Hall Lower Level Booth # SL 12105
) at NAB, the company will showcase:
DCP1000 SSD Features & Specifications:
- A video wall streaming over 400 high-definition videos from a single DCP1000, demonstrating the raw power of its data read throughput.
- A single 1U rack mount server running four (4) Kingston DCP1000 SSDs delivering 4.5 million IOPS and 20GB/s of sequential bandwidth.
- Extreme data center SSD performance: DCP1000 features ultra-fast PCIe Gen 3.0 x8, making it ideal for data centers requiring extreme performance.
- Outperforms legacy architectures: DCP1000 delivers impressive performance with an ultra-low transactional latency.
- Form factor: Half Height Half Length PCIe (AIC)
- Interface: Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe™) PCle Gen 3.0 x8 Lanes
- Capacities1: 800GB, 1.6TB, 3.2TB
- Sequential Read/Write2:
- 800GB: 6,800 / 5,000MB/s
- 1.6TB: 6,800 / 6,000MB/s
- 3.2TB: 6,800 / 6,000MB/s
- Steady-State Random 4k Read/Write2:
- 800GB: 900,000 / 145,000 IOPS
- 1.6TB: 1,100,000 / 200,000 IOPS
- 3.2TB: 1,000,000 / 180,000 IOPS
- Latency: (Typical) Read/Write 100us / 30us3
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support6: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
Complete product specifications, features and more information can be found here
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Data Center PCIe 1000 SSD Part Numbers
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com
or call 800-337-8410.