OCZ EL DDR PC-3500 Dual ChannelWed, Jul 23, 2003 - 9:00 AM
- ULN Technology: (U)ltra (L)ow (N)oise shielded PCB
- Copper Heat Spreaders
- Lifetime Warranty
- 512MB ( 256MB x 2 modules) or 1024MB(512MB x 2 modules) kits
- Based on OCZ brand EL DDR IC (4.5 ns)
- CL 2-3-3-7 1T
- 217 (434) MHz*- may require async mode
- Optimized for dual channel operation
- JEDEC voltage compliant ( 2.6 volt support )
- 184 Pin Dimm
OCZ packs these modules together, and they claim to have tested each module. They are placed in dual kits of matched pairs for optimal performance and compatibility, especially in a dual-channel configuration. OCZ is not the only one to do this. As a matter of fact, a quick scan of many other manufacturers proved that almost all of the major brands are released this way as well. It certainly made sense to do this.
The “EL” stands for Enhanced Latency, and is responsible for allowing these modules to reach speeds of 434DDR and still maintain a Cas 2 rating.