NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler ReviewWed, Jun 22, 2011 - 12:00 AM
NZXT Havik 140
NZXT was started in 2004 and started making cases with enthusiasts in mind. Since then, NZXT has branched into power supplies, case fans, fan controllers, mice, laptop coolers, and even pre-modded case cables. Now they are stepping into the CPU cooler ring, and their first offering is the Havik 140.
The Havik 140 is a 6 heatpipe tower cooler with dual 140mm fans. The fans on the Havik 140 have a unique blade profile that allows each fan to push 90.3CFM @ 25dBA. The cooler body is made up of a nickel plated copper base and aluminum cooling fins. The Havik 140 also has a universal mounting system that allows the user to mount it up to AMD AM2/AM3 and all Intel LGA sockets.
Having two 140mm fans, the Havik 140 isn’t exactly small. The Havik 140 with the fans installed has an overall height of 166mm or 6.5 inches. So a list of cases the Havik 140 will fit in will be relatively short. The Havik 140 is also on the hefty side. With the fans installed the Havik 140 comes in at 1035g. It is not the heaviest cooler we have tested, but it still has some heft to it.
Features of the NZXT Havik 140
- Six 6mm heat pipes with standard dual 140mm fans for the most efficient conductivity
- Unique fan blades provide quiet 25.2 dBA operation and highly effective airflow of 90.3 CFM
- Newly patented fins exceptionally slice passing air for increased ventilation and reduced noise
- 100% soldered copper base and aluminum fins with nickel plating to ensure resilience against deterioration, quality, and long life.
- Includes sturdy Intel/AMD mounting kits to accommodate a variety of motherboards and secure the heatsink during transportation.
- Universally compatible to Intel socket 1366, 1155, 1156, 775 and AMD socket AM3, AM2+, AM2
Specifications of the NZXT Havik 140
- Model: HAVIK 140
- Materials: Aluminum / Copper Nickel-Plated
- 140(W) x 166(H) x 120(D) mm
- 135(W) x 160(H) x 60(D) mm (heatsink)
- 1035g (including dual 140mm fans)
- 760g (heatsink)
- Intel LGA 775, 1155, 1156, 1366
- AMD AM2,AM2+, AM3