NVIDIA Updates GeForce Experience to 1.8.2Wed, Jan 22, 2014 - 9:22 PM
NVIDIA ShadowPlay has hit the streets and made it’s mark with gamers. If you aren’t familiar with ShadowPlay from NVIDIA, it gives you the ability to capture your gameplay with little to no effort. According to NVIDIA, since last October there have been more than 3 million clips captured. Today NVIDIA launched the newest version 1.8.2 which adds a handful of features that have been requested by gamers.
One of the most requested features that was added is the ability to customize the capture rate and quality of your game footage. You can adjust the capture frame rate , and the capture bit rate. This gives you the ability to customize the output file size and quality. Great for YouTube users who need to upload files at the YouTube supported 30 frames per second. If you upload at 30 frames per second you will avoid the YouTube conversion which isn’t known for maintaining the video quality.
A Previous version of the GeForce Experience incorporated the ability to record a microphone, though it was a feature that was either enabled or disabled. Gamers asked for push-to-talk support and NVIDIA Delivered, GeForce Experience 1.8.2 now has the ability for PTT recording. Ideal for the occasional commentary (or trash talk) during your gameplay!
If you’re experiencing game play stutters while you’re recording, your C: drive may not be up to the task of running the game, caching the video and saving the video. In the latest update you are able to change the save location as well as the temporary files location, potentially freeing up some critical system resources, because who wants to get fragged because your HDD caused a stutter!
GeForce Experience 1.8.2 Release Highlights
- Fixes “Installation is corrupt” bug when attempting to install a new driver
- Fixes incorrect reporting of the PC’s monitor resolution
- Fixes an issue where log files consume excessive disk space over time
- Adds option to change the directory of the ShadowPlay buffer
- Fixes missing audio when playing in 5.1 surround mode
- Adds 30 FPS recording option
- Adds custom bit rate control
- Adds output resolution control
- Adds microphone on push function
- Improved streaming stability and quality of service