NVIDIA Unveils Tegra 4 Mobile Processor at CES 2013Mon, Jan 07, 2013 - 2:03 AM
NVIDIA today introduced NVIDIA Tegra 4 , the world’s fastest mobile processor, with record-setting performance and battery life to flawlessly power smartphones and tablets, gaming devices, auto infotainment and navigation systems, and PCs.
Tegra 4 offers exceptional graphics processing, with lightning-fast web browsing, stunning visuals and new camera capabilities through computational photography. Previously codenamed “Wayne,” Tegra 4 features 72 custom NVIDIA GeForce GPU cores – or six times the GPU horsepower of Tegra 3 – which deliver more realistic gaming experiences and higher resolution displays.
It includes the first quad-core application of ARM’s most advanced CPU core, the Cortex-A15, which delivers 2.6x faster web browsing and breakthrough performance for apps. Tegra 4 also enables worldwide 4G LTE voice and data support through an optional chipset, the fifth-generation NVIDIA Icera i500 processor. More efficient and 40 percent the size of conventional modems, i500 delivers four times the processing capability of its predecessor.
NVIDIA Tegra 4 Key Features:
- 72 custom NVIDIA GeForce GPU cores – six times the GPU horsepower of Tegra 3 – for more realistic gaming experiences and higher resolution displays
- The first quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU- for 2.6x faster web browsing and breakthrough performance for apps
- Worldwide 4G LTE voice and data support through an optional chipset- the NVIDIA Icera i500 modem processor
- New computational photography capabilities – dramatically enhancing mobile imaging for HDR photos and video
- Superb power efficiency, with a second-generation battery saver core and PRISM 2 display technology – giving up to 14 hours of HD video playback on smartphones
- 4K ultra-high-def video support