NVIDIA GeForce 310.90 WHQL Driver Offers Up to 38% Speed Improvement in Far Cry 3Sat, Jan 05, 2013 - 8:37 AM
The new NVIDIA GeForce 310.90 WHQL driver out today offers speed boosts in several games. In particular, it offers up to 38% improvement for Far Cry 3 on a GTX 680. For Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 it delivers up to 26% improvement and 18% for Assassin’s Creed III, also on a GTX 680. The new driver also delivers “smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games”.
Other improvements include new SLI profiles for Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, Dota 2 and more. There are also updated 3D Vision profiles for a long list of games including Black Ops 2, Assassin’s Creed III and Dishonored which is surprisingly still only rated as “fair”. NVIDIA have also included a security update for their Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe). The full list of improvements can be seen at the link below and the new driver downloaded. Alternatively, the new driver can downloaded from your current driver control panel.
- Installs PhysX System Software 9.12.1031. This version fixes a bug that caused some applications including Unreal Tournament III, Trine, and Metro 2033 not to launch.
- Installs HD Audio v220.127.116.11.
- Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.