AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11 is now Available
AMD just sent us word that they have released AMD Catalyst 12.11 beta11 drivers as well as AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2. You can download them here. This driver improves performance in Far Cry 3 as well as several issues previously unresolved in the earlier Beta drivers. The key take away is that if you’re playing Far Cry 3 – you need both AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11 and AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 installed. This is because the 12.11 CAP2 is what improves Far Cry 3 performance for single GPU configurations with AA enabled! Download both!
Please note that AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11 includes all of the fixes found in previous versions of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta
- Improves performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
- Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
- Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
- Resolves image corruption found in certain DirectX 9.0c titles
- Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
- Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
- Resolves stability issues found in the previous AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8 driver for Linux
- For users experiencing issues with HDMI Audio under Ubuntu 12.04, users should try installing the “dkms-hda - 0.201211291615~precise1” package from https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/alsa-daily/+packages and reboot; this will resolve the HDMI Audio issue found in Ubuntu 12.04
- AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 has just been released, and should be used in conjunction with AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11
- Improves Far Cry 3 performance for single GPU configurations with AA enabled
Posted by | Mon, Dec 03, 2012 - 08:04 PM