MSI N9800GT GeForce 9800 GT 512MB Video Card ReviewTue, Oct 28, 2008 - 12:00 AM
Retail Box and Bundle
A quick look at the features list on the front of the box tells us this unit has 512MB of DDR3 memory, and is both Hybrid Power and NVIDIA PhysX Ready. The card is also Shader OC Ready, which we’ll certainly put to the test as we run it through the paces of Folding@Home a little later.
On the back of the box, we find a great deal of information about the card, including Features, Minimum System Requirements, and details of the Live Update 3 software.
- NVIDIA unified architecture
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 support
- NVIDIA SLI –Ready
- NVIDIA HybridPower technology
- NVIDIA PhysX –Ready
- True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting with 16x full-screen anti-aliasing
- PCI Express 2.0 support
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology
- Two dual-link DVI outputs supporting two 2560×1600 resolution displays
- Dual-link HDCP-Capable
- OpenGL 2.1 support
The bundle includes the standard driver and utilities CD, S-Video cable, component break out cable, DVI to HDMI adapter, as well as the Internal SPDIF Internal Cable. This cable, when connected to the SPDIF connector on your motherboard, allows audio through the HDMI connection.
Now, let’s take a look at the Test System