Kingston Technology to Hold DOTA 2, Overclocking Finals and Demo Upcoming Products During CES 2014Tue, Jan 07, 2014 - 10:08 AM
Kingston Technology to Hold DOTA 2, Overclocking Finals and Demo Upcoming Products During CES 2014
- Four Professional eSports Teams Compete in DOTA 2 for $50,000 (USD)
- Five Finalists to Compete for Highest Overclocking Benchmarks and $10,000 (USD)
- Kingston to Demo Upcoming DDR4, HyperX and SSD Products
2014 International CES Las Vegas, NV and Fountain Valley, CA − January 7, 2014 − Kingston
Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it will
hold the live finals for its DOTA 2 and overclocking global contest during the 2014 International
Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nev. In addition, Kingston®will showcase exciting new
products and technologies coming this year.
DOTA 2 is a competitive game of action and strategy, played both professionally and casually by
millions of passionate fans worldwide. The HyperX® DOTA 2 League tournament began online last
October with 16 professional gaming teams from around the world. The four finalists are: Alliance from
Sweden, Team Liquid from the Netherlands, Vici Gaming from China, and Fnatic from Europe. The four
teams will battle live for $50,000 (USD) in prize money.
The HyperX OC Takeover (HOT) contest began in October in conjunction with HWBOT, the
premier informational website for overclockers and performance enthusiasts. Contestants competed to
post the highest benchmarks for Maximum Memory Frequency, Super PI, and Intel® XTU in an open
online qualifying competition. Five finalists from China, Poland, South Africa, and the U.S. will compete
with components supplied by Kingston and its partners: ASUS, Cooler Master and Intel®. In addition to
the $10,000 (USD) in prizes there is a $1,000 (USD) bonus for anyone who breaks the world record in
any of the categories during the finals.
In addition to the two contests, Kingston will demo upcoming products and technologies:
- The LSI SF3700 Flash Controller allows higher performance, reliability and endurance. Kingston will show various form-factor solutions to be released this year as part of its SSDNow family.
- 384GB of working 2133MT/s DDR4 Registered DIMMs at 1.2v.
- Overclocking small form factor PCs (Intel® NUC, Gigabyte™ Brix, and Zotac® ZBOX) using HyperX Plug-n-Play SO-DIMMs.
- High-end HyperX memory will be used to process 4K video technology using Battlefield 4 and video shot from a GoPro® HERO3+ Black Edition camera.
- HyperX Cloud headset preview.
- HyperX Fury memory line preview.