Kingston HyperX H2O 4GB 2133MHz Conclusion
I do not think anyone should be surprised at the performance of the 2133MHz kit over a 1600MHz kit of dual channel DDR3 memory. What is surprising was ability to simply drop this kit in a decent motherboard and select the higher XMP profile no muss, no fuss. In comparison I had to spend a few hours tweaking the Dominator kit to get it near the level of performance this kit so easily achieves right out of the box. Running at 2133MHz with the sharp looks of that black spreader with subtle blue accent topped off with the polished nickel water tube and I am ready to buy a window case just to show off this memory. Add in the fact that you get two XMP profiles to further assist with simple overclocking and the Kingston HyperX H2O series is a winner.
Before you purchase the HyperX H2O series I think you have to ask yourself the following questions:
- Will you really be water cooling your memory given that it doesn’t appear to make any real performance difference?
- Considering that Kingston offers a lifetime warranty on this kit, and their other high end memory kits, does the potential of extending the life expectancy by keeping this kit a bit cooler with water really buy you anything?
- Is the integrated water cooling ability worth the $5 – $20 premium over kits with similar performance?
- How difficult will it be to integrate a 1/4″ tube into the rest of your water cooling set up?
In the end I liked this memory a lot for the looks and ease of use but if you don’t plan on water cooling your memory then you might as well save a few bucks and grab a Kingston HyperX memory kit in the T1 or Genesis lines as you will save between $5-$10 by doing so.
- HyperX H20 4GB (2x2GB)2133MHz Kit KHX2133C9AD3W1K2/4GX – $109.99
- HyperX T1 4GB (2x2GB) 2133MHz Kit KHX2133C9AD3T1K2/4GX – $104.99
- HyperX Genesis 4GB (2x2GB) 2133MHz Kit KHX2133C9AD3X2K2/4GX – $99.99
All of the kits are rated at 2133MHz with CL9 timings and are backed by the same great lifetime warranty. The main difference between the kits are visual as they all have different heat spreaders on the memory modules. The Kingston HyperX H2O series has a great look and would be a nice addition to any PC. For such a superb memory kit and with an innovative cooling solution we are happy to give the Kingston HyperX H2O kit our innovation award. We need companies like Kingston to support enthusiasts and overclockers for years to come!
Legit Bottom Line: The Kingston HyperX H2O series is great looking easy to use memory that will push your platform as far as it can go. The integrated water cooling solution in the heat spreaders is a neat option for those that would like to try out custom water cooling, but by no means required to hit 2133MHz with full stability.