Intel Unveils Sandy Bridge: Core i7 2600K, i5 2500K, i5 2400, i3 2100 CPUsSun, Jan 02, 2011 - 11:05 PM
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
- Some of the main features of 7z format are:
- Open architecture
- High compression ratio
- Strong AES-256 encryption
- Ability of using any compression, conversion or encryption method
- Supporting files with sizes up to 16000000000 GB
- Unicode file names
- Solid compressing
- Archive headers compressing
The built in 7-Zip benchmark shows us a few different things here. The Intel Core i3 2100 is again behind all other CPUs, mostly due to its relatively low clock speed and only having two physical cores. AMD CPUs do relatively well in this benchmark suite. The Intel Core i7 2600K is once again on top thanks to its high clock speed and Hyperthreading.