The Fractal Design Core 3000 mid-tower PC case was released in 2011 and quickly became a popular budget chassis thanks to the low $65 MSRP. For $65 you got a stylish, minimalistic design case that still had multiple cooling options and good overall performance.
Over the years the Fractal Design Core 3000 was starting to show signs of aging, but all that changed today when Fractal Design announced the Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0. This is basically a refresh of the original Core 3000 and now you get a pair of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports on the front panel. The MSRP jumps up to $74.95 or £54.95, so you need to ask yourself if front USB 3.0 ports are worth an extra ten dollars.
Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0 Case Key Features:
- Simple yet elegant front panel with mesh and filter
- NEW: USB 3.0 support on front I/O
- Three Silent Series R2 fans included:
- 1x 140mm in front , 1000 RPM
- 1x 120mm in rear, 1200 RPM
- 1x 140mm in top, 1000 RPM
- Optimized for performance with multiple cooling options
- A total of 7 fan slots (1x 120mm + 1x 140mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x 120mm in bottom, 1x 120mm in rear, 1x 120/140mm in side panel)
- Six white painted HDD trays complete with silicon vibration dampening grommets – Each tray supports 3.5″ or 2.5″ HDD/SSDs
- Upper HDD cage is rotatable and removable
- Dust filters for PSU and front fan positions