EVERCOOL Transformer 3 HDT CPU Cooler ReviewWed, Sep 21, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Transformer 3 HDT Cooler
EVERCOOL has been around since 1992. They make a range of cooling options for CPU, RAM, VGA, hard drives, case fans, notebook coolers, and even coolers for game systems like the Xbox360. Today we are looking at EVERCOOL’s newest budget offering the Transformer 3 that has an attractive sub $30 price tag. Just because it has a low-buck price, doesn’t mean it doesn’t perform. The Corsair A50 is a head turning sub $30 cooler, and the Transformer 3 has a lot of the same features so it will be interesting to see how it will handle the heat from our Intel Core i7-930 CPU.
The Transformer 3 is a three heatpipe HDT or Heatpipe Direct Touch cooler. This means the heatpipes have a flat ground on them so they can sit directly on the CPU heat spreader. This makes the coolers lighter, and they tend to be more efficient. Overall the Transformer 3 stands 161mm tall and weighs in at 630g.
Out of the box the Transformer 3 comes with a single 120mm PWM fan, but it can accommodate two. EVERCOOL provides you with everything need to mount up the second fan if you decide to add one. The included fan has a speed rating or 800 to 2200 RPM and noise level of 15 to 35 dBA. To help reduce noise from vibration, the fan is mounted to the cooler with rubber isolators.
Features of the EVERCOOL Transformer 3
- The three Ø6mm heat pipes in V shape and the special fins design effectively increase airflow and cooling performance.
- Equipped with a 12cm PWM fan provides a silent and good performance; one additional fan can also be added.
-Shock absorption rubber nail design reduces both vibration and noise.
- It is compatible with Intel and AMD.
Specifications for the EVERCOOL Transformer 3
- Overall Dimension: 130 x 161 x 78.5 x mm
- DC Fan Size: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Heat Sink Material: Aluminum Fin+Heat-Pipe
- Bearing Type: Ever Lubricate Bearing (Long Life bearing)
- Noise Level: <15 ~ <35 dBA
- Fan Speed: 800±25% RPM~2200±10% RPM
- Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
- Weight: 630 g
- CPU Support
- Pentium 4 Socket T 505~571 / 620~672
- Pentium D Socket T 805~840 / 915~960
- Pentium 4 Processor Extreme Edition Socket T 3.73G
- Core 2 Duo Processor Socket T E4300~E8700
- Core 2 Extreme Processor Socket T QX6700~QX9650
- Core 2 Quad Processor Socket Q6600~Q9650
- Core i7 (LGA 1366) Processor i7-920~970
- Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-965~975 / 980X
- Core i7 (LGA 1156) 860 / 870 / 880 / 860S /870S / 875K
- Core i7 (LGA 1155) 2600 / 2600K / 2600S
- Core i5 Processor 650~760 / 655K
- Core i3 530~560
- AthlonPhenom II X2~550 / X3~720 / X4~965
- Athlon Phenom~9600 / Phenom X3~8750 / Phenom X4~9950
- Athlon 64 X2~3600+ / ~6400+(AM2)
- Athlon 64 FX-51 / 53/ 55 / 57 / 60 / 62
- Opteron ~154 / ~256 / ~890
- Dual-Core Opteron ~180 / ~290 / ~890
- Second-Generation Opteron ~1222 SE / 1222
- Third-Generation Opteron ~1356
- Sempron ~3800+ / LE-1250