Enermax Hoplite Mid Tower Case ReviewWed, Mar 16, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Now when most people think of Enermax most would think of power supplies and fans. Cases? Not so much. But Enermax does have cases and today we are looking at the newest addition to their Mid Tower line up: the Hoplite Series. Now, I say series because there are 3 versions of the Hoplite: The ECA3220, ECA3221 and ECA3222. The differences between the models are in the internal drive cage arrangement and whether or not it has the top drive docking station. The model we are looking at today is the Hoplite ECA3220.
The ECA3220 has 4 external 5.25” bays, 2 external 3.5” hot swap bays, 1 top mounted 2.5/3.5” drive dock, 4 internal 3.5” bays and 2 internal 2.5” bays. The ECA3220 also has includes a front intake 120mm blue/red combo-LED fan that has external lighting and speed controls and a rear 120mm exhaust fan. There is also space for two 120mm fans on the side panel and two 120mm or 140mm fans or dual 120mm radiator in the top.
The Enermax ECA3220 can accommodate video cards of up to 315mm (13.77”) in length. It can also support CPU coolers up to 178mm tall without side panel fans, 160mm with side panel fans. So that means just about any CPU cooler on the market will fit in the Hoplite series and can still use the side panel fans.
Features of the Enermax Hoplite
- Bottom 2x 3.5″ hot-swap drive bays
- Top 1x 3.5”/2.5” hot-swap SATA dock (Optional)
- Top 2x USB3.0 ports for fastest data transfer (Optional)
- Front 12cm Blue/Red Combo-LED VEGAS fan with Speed & Light control
- Easy installation
- Quick release bay covers
- Front flip-open door for easy fan & filter cleaning
- Tool-less design for ODD & HDD installation
- Cutout on M/B tray for quick CPU cooler maintenance
- Front 1x12cm Blue/Red combo
- LED VEGAS fan with Speed & Light control
- Side 2x12cm intake fans (Optional)
- Top 2×14/12cm exhaust fans (Optional)
- Rear 1x12cm exhaust fan
Specifications of the Enermax Hoplite