Enermax ETS-T40-TA CPU Cooler
Enermax has been around since 1990. They started out with making power supplies, then case fans, PC cases, and now CPU Coolers. Today we are looking at their newest cooler line, the ETS-T40. The ETS-T40 comes in 3 models. The difference between the models is the style of LED lighting the included 120mm Twister-bearing fan has and the finish on the heatpipes.
The ETS-T40-TB has no LED lighting with an anti-oxidization coating on the heatpipes; ETS-T40-TA has blue LEDs and nickel plated heatpipes, and the ETS-T40-VD has blue+red LED with an anti-oxidization coating on the heatpipes.
The ETS-T40 series are H.D.T. or Heatpipe Direct Touch coolers. This means the heatpipes sit directly on the CPU heat spreader. The H.D.T. design pulls heat away faster, and also reduces the overall weight of a cooler due to the base not being a slab of solid copper.
The ETS-T40 also has a new patented fin design.
- 1. Vortex Generator Flow (patented): The unique spoilers design redirects the air through the windless area behind the heat pipes of 52 fins to maximize air convection rate and remove the heat that conventional design cannot reach.
- 2. Stack Effect Flow (patented): By applying Bernoulli’s Law, the four bumps at the exhaust area enhance the air speed, pressure, and its direction to enforce the heat transfer.
- 3. Vacuum Effect Flow: A unique design creates an air channel with fin flaps, forcing the air go through the fins and bringing the additional air into the heat sink.
The ETS-T40 comes with a single 120mm Twister-bearing PWM fan that operates between 800 and 1800 RPM, pushing 33.26 to 75.98 CFM at 16 to 26 dBA. The ETS-T40 does support dual fans, and Enermax does provide an extra set of spring clips if the user wished to add a fan. The mounting system for the ETS-T40 will allow it to be mounted up to Intel LGA775/1155/1156/1366 sockets and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1 sockets.
Features of the Enermax ETS-T40-TA
- World leading thermal resistance performance of 0.09°C/W.
Side flow type with four Ø6mm high performance heat pipes.
Patented circular type LED fan for the utmost eye-catching.
Nickel-plated heat sink to reduce oxidation effect and maintain the top performance.
Dual fan installed option and solid springs attached.
- Patented VGF (Vortex generator flow) technology to greatly increase air convection.
- Patented SEF (Stack Effect) design to enhance heat transfer.
- Unique air path creating high VEF (Vacuum Effect) to optimize the airflow.
- Patented HDT (Heat Pipe Direct Touch) Technology to ensure rapid thermal conduction and eliminate CPU hotspot.
-Anti-vibration rubbers prevent fan vibration and absorb noise.
Universal bracket for Intel® 775/1155/1156/1366 and AMD® AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1.
High thermal conductivity grease to ensure the best thermal conduction between CPU and the heat sink.
Specifications of the ETS-T40-TA
- Model: ETS-T40-TA
- Compatible Socket
Overall Dimension: 139(L) x 93(W) x 160(H)mm
Heat Sink Dimension: 139(L) x 70(W) x 160(H)mm
Heat Pipe: 4 x Ø6mm
Material: Copper heat pipes, aluminum fins
Thermal Resistance: 0.09°C/W
Thermal Grease: Dow Corning TC-5121
- Intel® LGA 775/1155/1156/1366
- AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1
- Dimension: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Speed: 800 ~ 1800 RPM
- Air Flow: 33.26 ~ 75.98CFM 56.51 ~ 129.09m3/h
- Static Pressure: 0.97 ~ 2.28mmH2O
- Rated Voltage: 12V
- Bearing Type: Twister Bearing
- MTBF: 100,000 hours
- Noise: 16 ~ 26dBA
- Connector: 4 pin PWM connector
- LED: Circular Type Blue LED
Warranty: 1 year limited