Corsair 2GB DOMINATOR DDR3 2133MHz Memory KitSun, Aug 17, 2008 - 12:00 AM
Under The Heat Spreader
Corsair DHX technology provides maximum cooling for the memory module as it uses extruded aluminum heat sinks to remove heat from both the PCB and in this case the Samsung memory ICs. The design has been in use for well over a year now and has been proven to work time and time again.
With all the heat spreaders removed we can get a glimpse of the new Samsung IC’s which are one of the things that separates this kit from what other companies have on the market today. The markings on the IC’s show the part number of K4B1G0846D-HCF0, which is one of the newer tray parts from Samsung. From what I understand, Corsair orders trays of these unsorted memory chips and sorts them in-house for use on the TW3X2G2133C9DF and TW3X4G1600C9DHXNV memory kits. These ICs are known to like a wide variety of timings and voltages, so they are great ICs to use on a kit like this.
In case you missed something here are the key features of the memory kit:
- Memory amount: 2 x 1024MB
- 240-pin Unbuffered DDR3 SDRAM
- IC Brand: Samsung (128Mx8 Configuration)
- 2133MHz (PC-12800) Unbuffered non-ECC DDR3 Modules
- CAS latency: 9 clock cycles
- RAS precharge: 9 cycles
- RAS active to precharge: 24 cycles
- Black DHX heat sinks for thermal diffusion
- Latency: 9-9-9-24
- Power supply：2.00V +/- 0.1V
- Lifetime Warranty