Case Labs MAGNUM M8 Case ReviewTue, Dec 13, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Meet the Case Labs Magnum M8
Every time we think the market is fully saturated with every possible computer component anyone could possibly need, a new manufacturer comes on the scene to surprise us. Case Labs has a fast growing underground following on several of the extreme enthusiast forums so we asked if we could see what all the buzz was about. They sent us over what is currently their most popular model, the Case Labs MAGNUM M8.
Case Labs current line up of MAGNUM cases:
MAGNUM M8 Case
MAGNUM M10 Case
MAGNUM MH10 Case
MAGNUM T10 Case
MAGNUM TH10 Case
There are a few other cases that are in the prototype phase including a more traditional 9″ wide single bay case and the “Godzilla” dual motherboard four PSU TX10.
Magnum M8 Features (standard equipment)
- All aluminum construction – .090″ (2.3mm) chassis .063″(1.6mm) doors/covers
- Choice of ventilated or solid doors and covers (on a panel by panel basis).
- Slide out MB tray.
- Choice of one HDD cage assembly (4 drive capacity): either standard or Flex-Bay mount. Note that the flex-bay mount deletes one of the 3U bay covers.
- Choice of hex mesh or 40mm fan holes on MB back plate.
- Dual PSU mounts (Support bracket available: MAC-123)
- Integrated radiator/fan mount
- Four single bay filler plates and two triple bay cover plates.
- Filler plates for top and bottom radiator openings, 40mm fan openings on MB tray (if selected), PCI slots, and one PSU.
- Four sets of mounting brackets for 5.25” devices (MAC-125)
- Lamptron anti-vandal style switches (power & reset) and wiring harnesses: blue ring for power and red dot for HDD activity. They are standard switches that can be easily swapped out for custom color combinations.
- Four rubber feet with screws (casters are available: MAC-107).
- Misc. hardware: Thumbscrews, MB standoffs, Tie-wraps, etc.
- Available in black matte or white gloss
- Warranty: 1 year on electronics, 5 Years on the case itself
Case Configuration Options:
- ATX Layout: Standard (N/C), Reverse ($20.00)
- MB Door: Ventilated (N/C), Solid (N/C), Std. Window ($15.00), XL Window ($20.00)
- PSU Door: Ventilated (N/C), Solid (N/C), Std. Window ($15.00), XL Window ($20.00)
- Top Cover: Ventilated (N/C), Solid (N/C), Tall Ventilated 64mm ($25.00), Tall Solid 64mm ($25.00), Tall Ventilated 85mm ($35.00), Tall Solid 85mm ($35.00)
- MB Back Plate: Fan Holes (N/C), Hex Mesh (N/C)
- HDD Cage Assy: Standard (N/C), Flex-Bay (N/C)
- Size: 15″W x 19.06″H x 20.06″D (381mm x 484mm x 510mm)
- PCI Slots: 8
- Form Factor: mATX – ATX/EATX (12.0″ x 10.75”) (305mm x 273mm)
- Max Radiator Size: 120.3
- Radiator Clearance Above the MB Tray: 100mm
- Radiator Clearance Below the MB Tray: 52mm
- Cooling Tower Clearance: 180mm
- Flex-Bays (5.25” Bays): 10
- HDD Capacity: 12 (24 using Flex-Bays)
- Weight: 19 lbs.
Note: Sizes shown are for the case only. Rubber feet add .75″ (19mm) to height, optional casters add 2.63″ (67mm).