Asrock AM2V890-VSTA & MSI K9A Platinum MotherboardsTue, Aug 22, 2006 - 12:00 AM
A Closer Look: The MSI K9A Platinum Specs
? AMD Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64, Athlon FX and Sempron in the Socket AM2 package.
? HyperTransport supporting speed up to 1GHz (2000MT/s)
? ATI CrossFire? Xpress 3200 and SB600 Chipset
? Supports Dual DDR II 533/667/800
- 4 DDRII DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
? 2 PCI Express x16 slots (Support ATI CrossFire Technology)
? 2 PCI Express x1 slots
? 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface.
? One IDE port by AT SB600
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
? 4 SATA II ports by ATI SB600
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 300 MB/s
- SATA II 1~4 supports RAID 0, 1 and 0+1 mode by ATI SB600
|MSI Reminds You…
? The RAID setup floppy disk is optional depending on the districts. You can download the files from the website to make the setup disk.
? Chipset integrated by Realtek ALC883
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
? Dual LAN jacks
? Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111B
- Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in single chip
- Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s
- Compliance with PCI-Express Bus specification v1.0a
? Realtek PCI GbLAN controller 8110S
- Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in single chip.
- Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s.
- Compliance with PCI 2.3
? Chipset integrated by VIA VT6308P
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-pin power connector
- ATX 4-pin 12V CPU power connector
- ATX 4-pin VGA power connector
- CPU / System / NB FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- IrDA infrared module header
- Chassis intrusion switch connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- D-Bracket2 connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 ports
- 3 x USB 2.0 connector support additional 6 ports
- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector
- 4 x Serial ATA II connectors
- 1 x ATA133 HD connectors
|MSI Reminds You…
? The floppy disk cable will be optional.
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x Parallel port
- 1 x Serial port (COM 1)
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 mouse
- 1 x Coaxial SPDIF out
- 1 x IEEE1394 Port
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack (S/SPDIF out)
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ45 LAN jack
? 30.5cm(L) x 24.5cm(W) ATX Form Factor
? 9 mounting holes.