Legit Memory Reviews
512mb Corsair PC3200C2
|Product:||512mb Corsair PC3200C2|
|Date:||Mon, Nov 25, 2002 - 09:00 AM|
|Written By:||Nathan Kirsch -|
The Corsair ram came with with nothing but a recyclable plastic box. No manual, or software is needed with this bad boy, just plug and chug.
The first thing we noticed was the cool looking head spreaders. Plus they are black which I think makes it look pretty mean and good looking. I have to admit I was a bit disapointed when I found out that they were made of aluminium. Not the best choice of metal in my opinion, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions before testing.
Also a major factor in what you buy is the warranty. Corsair's memory products carry a lifetime warranty. This means that Corsair products are guaranteed to operate, as specified by their datasheet, and in the operating environment for which they were intended, for the life of the product. Not a bad deal at all...
From the corsair website they state, "The CMX512-3200 is a 512 MByte, dual bank, ultra-performance DDR SDRAM DIMM screened specifically for gaming applications. This part has been selected by our Compatibility Lab for its outstanding performance in motherboards commonly used in gaming rigs. This memory has been verified to operate at 200 MHz (2.5-3-3, 2T command rate) and 166 MHz (2-2-2, 1T command rate). Generally, one 512 MByte module will outperform two 256 MByte modules in a given motherboard."
Looks like Corsair aimed this at the gamers... Lucky for us we have some on hand :)
- Memory amount: 256MB
- Access time: 6.0ns
- Implemented using 32M x 8M DDR SDRAMs with 6.0ns access time
- 100% tested at 200MHz in high performance systems
- Integrated aluminium heat spreader for improved thermal performance
- Lifetime warranty
- Six-layer construction
- Each module is tested in either an EPoX EP-8K3A and/or Asustek P4S333 at 200MHz
- Latency: 2-2-2-2-1T if one module is installed @ DDR 333
- Latency: 2-3-3-3-1T if one module is installed @ DDR 400
- Latency: 2.5-6-3-3-2T if two modules are installed @ DDR 400
- SPD programmed at proposed JEDEC values of PC2700 (PC3200 not defined by JEDEC yet)
Moving on to the benchmarks, let's see this ram performs!
Next Page - Benchmarks & Performance:
Page 1 - Introduction:
Page 2 - Features:
Page 3 - Benchmarks & Performance:
Page 4 - Conclusions: