Legit Memory Reviews
Wintec Industries PC5400 DDR 2 memory
|Product:||PC2-5400 AMP-X 1GB Kit: 39137282K-UA|
|Date:||Mon, Jul 18, 2005 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Rich Caporali|
For testing purposes I rounded up every 1GB kit of PC5400 DDR2 memory I had, to include kits from Kingston, Corsair, and Centron. the quality and price various widely with these kits so we should get a pretty wide variety of performance.
For testing the following system was used.
- ASUS P5WD2 Premium motherboard
- Intel Pentium D 820 dual core processor
- Sapphire ATI X850 XT PE video card
- Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD
- OCZ Powerstream 520W PSU
- Antec TX640B case
Corsair 3-2-2-8 *
* I chose to run the Corsair 5400UL at its best rated timings to show a better spread of performance.
All test were done on a fresh install of Windows XP w/ service pack 2, and the latest drivers for each component. Though the CPU was cooled by ECT's Mach II phase change cooler, all components were run at their rated speeds.
Next Page - Testing continued
Page 1 - Introduction
Page 2 - Testing
Page 3 - Testing continued
Page 4 - Final Thoughts