Legit Memory Reviews
Kingston HyperX H2O 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 CL9 Memory Kit Review
|Date:||Fri, Jul 01, 2011 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Bill Hentschell -|
Kingston HyperX H2O 4GB 2133MHz Conclusion
- Will you really be water cooling your memory given that it doesn't appear to make any real performance difference?
- Considering that Kingston offers a lifetime warranty on this kit, and their other high end memory kits, does the potential of extending the life expectancy by keeping this kit a bit cooler with water really buy you anything?
- Is the integrated water cooling ability worth the $5 - $20 premium over kits with similar performance?
- How difficult will it be to integrate a 1/4" tube into the rest of your water cooling set up?
In the end I liked this memory a lot for the looks and ease of use but if you don't plan on water cooling your memory then you might as well save a few bucks and grab a Kingston HyperX memory kit in the T1 or Genesis lines as you will save between $5-$10 by doing so.
- HyperX H20 4GB (2x2GB)2133MHz Kit KHX2133C9AD3W1K2/4GX - $109.99
- HyperX T1 4GB (2x2GB) 2133MHz Kit KHX2133C9AD3T1K2/4GX - $104.99
- HyperX Genesis 4GB (2x2GB) 2133MHz Kit KHX2133C9AD3X2K2/4GX - $99.99
All of the kits are rated at 2133MHz with CL9 timings and are backed by the same great lifetime warranty. The main difference between the kits are visual as they all have different heat spreaders on the memory modules. The Kingston HyperX H2O series has a great look and would be a nice addition to any PC. For such a superb memory kit and with an innovative cooling solution we are happy to give the Kingston HyperX H2O kit our innovation award. We need companies like Kingston to support enthusiasts and overclockers for years to come!
Questions or Comments? View this thread in our forums!