Legit Cooling Reviews
Zalman CNPS11X Tower CPU Cooler Review
|Date:||Wed, May 18, 2011 - 05:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Zalman CNPS11X CPU Cooler
Zalman has been around for many years and their coolers have always had a balance of style and performance. Their coolers in the past had a unique barrel shape to them; you could tell from across the room is was a Zalman cooler. They still have that style with the CNPS9900Max, but they also have traditional tower coolers as well, like the CNPS10X Performa.
Zalman has released their next cooler for the CNPS line and it is a tower cooler, but with a twist. The CNPS11X is a twin tower cooler, but instead of having the towers parallel to one another they are at an angle away from another. So when you look at the cooler from the top you see a triangle, or V shaped, foot print.
The CNPS11X also has Zalman's composite heatpipes and is also sporting a 120mm blue LED fan that spins at 1000 to 1950 RPM at 17 to 33 dBA. To give the CNPS11X that little extra style the cooler is treated to Zalman's Black Pearl finish.
Features of the Zalman CNPS11X CPU Cooler
- V-Shaped Dual Heat Sink: Two independent heat sinks are designed in V-shape to minimize air resistance and optimize airflow, providing the best cooling performance.
- Powerful Cooling Performance: Two optimally designed heatsinks disperse heat away from the CPU via 5 heatpipes, while high capacity 120mm fan quickly cools the heatsink for stable operation of high performance CPUs.
- Versatile Compatibility: CNPS11X Extreme accommodates a broad range of desktop CPU sockets.
- High Performance Super Thermal Grease ZM-STG2: The high performance super thermal grease ZM-STG2 maximizes heat transfer from the CPU to the base of CNPS11X Extreme for intensified cooling performance.
- Black-Peal Nickel Plating: The entire copper heat sink of CNPS11X Extreme is ‘Black-Pearl’ Nickel Plated for long-term corrosion resistance, while the deep ‘Black-Pearl’ tone along with the high intensity Blue LEDs reinforce its powerful aesthetics.
- Ultra Quiet 120mm Blue LED PWM Fan: Switching noise-free 120mm PWM fan is incorporated for ultra quiet operation and Blue LEDs for cool aesthetics.
Specification Zalman CNPS11X CPU Cooler
- Model: CNPS11X
- Socket Compatibility:
- Intel: 775/1155/1156/1366
- AMD: AM3, AM2, AM2+
- Dimensions: 135(L) x 80(W) x 154(H)mm
- Weight: 600g
- Materials: Pure Copper and Aluminum
- Dissipation Area: 7,600 sqcm
- Heatpipes: 5
- Fan: Ultra Quiet 120mm Blue LED PWM
- Fan Bearing-Type: Long Life Bearing
- Fan RPM
- Low Noise Mode (with RC24P): 1,000 ~ 1,450 rpm +/-10%
- Performance Mode (without RC24P): 1,000 ~ 1,950 rpm +/-10%
- Low Noise Mode (with RC24P): 17 ~ 24 dBA +/-10%
- Performance Mode (without RC24P): 17 ~ 33 dBA +/-10%
- Thermal Grease (ZM-STG2)
- Color Gray Capacity: 3.5g
- Specific Gravity @23*C: 2.88
- Thermal Conductivity: 4.1W/mK
- Temperature Stability: -40*C ~ +150*C (-40*F ~ +302*F)
Next Page - Unboxing the CNPS11X
Page 1 - Zalman CNPS11X CPU Cooler
Page 2 - Unboxing the CNPS11X
Page 3 - Looking closer at the CNPS11X
Page 4 - Installing the CNPS11X
Page 5 - Legit Reviews Intel Core i7-930 Test System
Page 6 - The Temperature Testing Results
Page 7 - Final Thoughts and Conclusion