Legit Video Card Reviews
ASUS GeForce GTX 590 3GB Video Card Review
|Date:||Thu, Mar 24, 2011 - 08:00 AM|
|Written By:||Nathan Kirsch -|
Retail Box and Bundle
The retail box for the ASUS GTX590 3GB video card lists the main features that the
card comes with and has the same box art that is found on pretty much every ASUS GeForce 500 series graphics card.
Turning the retail box over, we see even more marketing text in many different languages and more details on the three main features of this video card.
- Defying Performance: ASUS ENGTX590/3DIS/3DG5 delivers massive DirectX 11 tessellation performance so you can crank-up the gaming realism with incredibly detailed environments and characters.
- Ultimate Immersive Gaming Experience with 3 Displays: NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround technology and three dual link DVI outputs enable panoramic gaming across three 1080p screens in full stereoscopic 3D - all from a single card.
- Voltage Tweak: ASUS Voltage Tweak technology allows you to boost GPU voltages via ASUS SmartDoctor to achieve up to 50% faster clock speeds. Overclocking capability may be varied by different cards and platforms. Extreme cooling is required to achieve 50% faster clock speeds.
Inside the retail box the ASUS GeForce GTX590 video card was perfectly packed in foam that was laser cut for this specific video card. When you opened the box there was a spot for the driver disc and quick setup guide. Once you lifted that piece of foam up and out of the way you were able to see the GTX590!
The ASUS GTX590 video card bundle included with the ENGTX590/3DIS/3GD5 graphics card includes a quick installation guide, a drivers CD, a dual 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power adapter, a DVI-to-VGA adapter and a DVI-to-HDMI adapter.
When you fire up the driver CD that comes with the card you'll see
this GUI that allows you to check out the user manual and install the
drivers and utilities if needed.
Taking a closer look at the utility section of the VGA driver disc we
can see that it also comes with two utilities that might come in handy.
- ASUS GamerOSD - Overclock during gameplay
- ASUS SmartDoctor - Overclocking and Intelligent Hardware Protection Tool
The one that we are highly interested in for this review is the ASUS
SmartDoctor utility as that will allow us to adjust the card's voltages
and to overclock it to the max! We'll use that utility to overclock this card beyond what could be done with stock voltages in the overclocking section.
Asus made a unboxing and benchmarking video of their own card that is worth a quick look as well.
Next Page - The Test System
Page 1 - The GeForce GTX590 Arrives For War at $699
Page 2 - The ASUS GTX590 3074MB Video Card
Page 3 - Retail Box and Bundle
Page 4 - The Test System
Page 5 - Aliens vs. Predator
Page 6 - Just Cause 2
Page 7 - Metro 2033
Page 8 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Page 9 - H.A.W.X. 2 Benchmark
Page 10 - 3DMark Vantage
Page 11 - 3DMark 11
Page 12 - Unigine 'Heaven' DX11
Page 13 - FurMark 1.8.2
Page 14 - Temperature Testing
Page 15 - Power Consumption
Page 16 - ASUS GeForce GTX590 Ti Overclocking
Page 17 - Final Thoughts & Conclusions