Antec Three Hundred Two Midtower Case ReviewWed, Mar 14, 2012 - 12:00 AM
Antec Three Hundred Two
When I set out to build a system I usually pick a case that fits with the level of parts I’m putting in it. Some users get the fanciest case they can find, some the lowest cost shell they can get a hold of, and some don’t even bother with a case but rather just use the box the motherboard comes in. So to try and hit this wide range of tastes most manufactures have their flagship lines, middle of the road lines, and the budget line.
Antec has multiple style lines and levels in each. In Antec’s Gaming line at the top end you have the Twelve Hundred and Eleven Hundred, in the middle the Nine Hundred Two, and for the budget minded the Three Hundred One. Today, we are looking at the newly refreshed Three Hundred Antec is calling the Three Hundred Two and is aimed at the budget minded user.
The Three Hundred Two has received several new updates. The interior has been updated to be similar to what Antec did with the Eleven Hundred. Some of the updates include making the hard drive and 5.25″ bays tool-less, upping the expansion slots from 7 to 8, adding wire routing holes to help improve cable management, front USB3 with internal header connection, and adding mounting points for 2.5″ drives.
Antec also added some changes to the cooling aspect of the Three Hundred Two. The old TriCool fans are now replaced with the new 2 speed TwoCool fans. The Three Hundred Two comes with a 140mm TwoCool fan in the top, and a 120mm TwoCool fan in the rear. Antec provides space for 4 more 120mm fans: 2 as front intake and one in each side panel. Antec also gave the Three Hundred Two the new side accessible PSU dust filter, and the front panel also has a removable dust filter as well.
Let’s take a quick look at the features and then move on to looking over the Three Hundred Two.
Features of the Antec Three Hundred Two
- Removable, washable PSU air filter and front intake filter
- Rear 120 mm TwoCool™ fan / Top 140 mm TwoCool™ fan / 4 optional fans
- Maximum graphics card length: 12.5″ (318 mm)
- 3 tool-less optical drive bays
- Cable routing holes behind the motherboard tray
- Side 120 mm fan mount to cool graphics cards
- 120 mm cooling fan mount behind motherboard
Specifications of the Antec Three Hundred Two
- Model: Three Hundred Two
- Type: Mid-Tower
- Color: Black
- Cooling System
- One 120 mm rear TwoCool™ fan
- One 140 mm top TwoCool™ fan
- Two 120 mm front intake fans (optional)
- One 120 mm side intake fan (optional)
- One 120 mm side exhaust fan behind motherboard (optional)
- Perforated front bezel for maximum air intake
- Top water cooling grommets
- Enlarged CPU Cutout
- Three 5.25” tool-less drive bays
- Two 2.5” drive bays (dedicated)
- Six 3.5” tool-less drive bays
- Two USB 3.0 with internal motherboard connector
- Audio In/Out
- Unit Dimensions (HxWxD): 20.2x9x18.5″ (513x229x471mm)
- Package Dimensions (HxWxD): 22.2×11.4×20.7″ (565x290x525mm)
- Net Weight: 15.3 lb (6.9 kg)
- Gross Weight: 18.7 lb (8.5 kg)