AMD has released Catalyst 14.7 Release Candidate (RC) drivers! AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC drivers have all of the improvements that were in Catalyst 14.6 RC release, but with additional performance improvements and bug fixes. Starting with AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta, AMD will no longer support Windows 8.0 (and the WDDM 1.2 driver), so be sure to upgrade to to Windows 8.1 (WDDM 1.3) to ensure you are able to get the latest drivers!
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC Driver for Windows
- Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst 14.6 RC driver
- AMD CrossFire and AMD Radeon Dual Graphics profile update for Plants vs. Zombies
- Assassin’s Creed IV – improved CrossFire scaling (3840×2160 High Settings) up to 93%
- Collaboration with AOC has identified non-standard display timings as the root cause of 60Hz SST flickering exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon graphics cards. A software workaround has been implemented in AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display.
- Users are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from AOC that will resolve flickering at its origin.
- Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.