AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Video Card Driver Released – CrossFire Frame Pacing FixedThu, Aug 01, 2013 - 1:27 PM
AMD today released AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Drivers for Windows and Linux users. The major new addition in these drivers is the support for CrossFire Frame Pacing. This driver should fix the micro stutters that have been much talked about over the past half year! It also features OpenGL 4.3 support, performance improvements on Metro: Last Light and more. You can read the release highlights in the quote box below. You can download AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta drivers for Windows or Linux. Finally no more St-st-st-stutters!
Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta for Windows:
- Support for AMD CrossFire™ Frame Pacing
- Frame Pacing ensures that frames rendered across multiple GPUs in a CrossFire configuration will be displayed at an even and regular pace.
- Enabled through the AMD Catalyst Control Center; Globally or on a per application basis.
- Frame Pacing is enabled by default.
- Supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications, and resolutions up to and including 2560×1600 (single display).
- Metro: Last Light – improves performance up to 7% on the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series
- Users can now create per application 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications.
- OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations).
- Resolved crash when enabling AMD CrossFireX™ on some AMD 970 platforms
- Improved stability for AMD Radeon HD 7790
- Resolved intermittent mouse cursor corruption when rapidly moving the cursor across window borders