AeroCool Vx-E – Performance Gaming Case ReviewTue, Aug 25, 2009 - 12:00 AM
AeroCool Vx-E – Intro & Unboxing
The folks over at AeroCool have released several new cases with their PGS (Performance Gaming System) value series. These are targeting to the budget – midrange gamer with two of the three models also having a “pro” version which offers a few extra features like a built in fan controller. One of the cases smack in the middle of the lineup is the Vx-E model which we received to see how we think it fares compared with others in its class. Priced at $69.99, it’s twenty dollars less than the VX-9 Pro and $15 more than the VX-R. All are limited to a black exterior and in the mid tower category.
The AeroCool Vx-E arrived boxed, wrapped in plastic and nestled between two Styrofoam sleeves to protect it and hold it in place. I was a little worried that something may have been broken at first because the box looked a little beat up and as I moved it around, I could hear a rattling noise. This turned out to be a rebellious runaway screw causing the ruckus and I could find no damage to the chassis.
The front panel was also covered with an extra layer of cling-on plastic for an extra measure of protection. The case is very light and AeroCool states that it is constructed of SECC with a thickness of 0.5”. I had never really heard of (or maybe just never paid attention to) that acronym so I had to look it up. What I found is that is stands for Steel, Electrogalvanized, Cold-Rolled, Coil which supposedly is lighter and better at heat distribution than regular steel while costing less.
- High Performance Case (For Hardcore Modders & Gaming Enthusiasts)
- Black Mirror Finishing on Front & Top Panel
- “Wing” Design on Mesh Side Panel
- Five 5.25″ Bays for Maximum Expandability
- Solidly Constructed Screwless Chassis
- Supports Large High-End VGA Cards Up to 290mm
- Includes 4 sets of 5.25″ Adapters for HDDs & FDD
- I/O Panel Includes USB, Audio, and Mic
- Install Up to 5 Fans (For Exceptional Airflow)
- Case Type: Middle Tower
- Material: SECC 0.5mm
- Motherboards: ATX & Micro ATX
- Chassis Dimensions: 452 x 196 x 539mm
- Drive Bays:
- External: 5 x 5.25″ / 1 x 3.5″ (w/ Adapter)
- HDD Adapters: 4 Sets
- 1 x Front 140mm Quad Blue LED Fan (1500 RPM +- 10%)
- 1 x Rear 120mm Fan (1500 RPM +- 10%)
- 2 x Side 120mm / 140mm fans (Optional)
- 1 x Bottom 120mm Fan (Optional)
Packaged within the case was a bag containing a small bag of motherboard screws and standoffs, another small bag of drive bay screws, a brief instruction page, and the rails for HDD/FDD drives.