AeroCool AeroRacer Pro PC Case ReviewThu, Dec 04, 2008 - 12:00 AM
The Aerocool AeroRacer Pro
AeroCool has been designing cases since 2002, which just happens to make the company the same age as Legit Reviews. Over the past six years the engineering team over at AeroCool has focused on airflow as the center of design for their PC cases and the AeroRacer Pro PC case pictured above should clearly show that.
AeroCool.US is established in 2002 in the US and is committed to share our technical expertise and innovative design in providing total-solution for thermal management. Although AeroCool.US is a new player in the cooler market, but we offer the latest cooling technology and solution for industrial and personal computers. Our strengths lie in our RD abilities, advance manufacturing facilities, strong cooperative partners and high performance and unique products. - Source: AeroCool.US
It seems that over the years fans have become larger and it looks like they have finally become the same size as the case dimensions themselves! The first thing that jumps out at you when looking at the AeroCool AeroRacer Pro case is the 40cm or 15.7 inch box fan strapped to the side. At 400mm in size the fan is nearly as tall as the 410mm chassis, which makes it look like a box fan strapped to the side of the computer. Back in the early days of LAN gaming people used to improve cooling by using a household box fan, so it looks like that cooling trick finally went mainstream and a 120V electrical connection isn’t needed. Chassis designers have finally caught up to what modders and gamers have been improvising on their own for years! Before we get too far let’s take a quick look at the features and specifications of the AeroRacer Pro.
- Car style “Engine Start” power switch
- Leather painting surface finishes
- 2x USB / Mic & Headphone
- Biggest side panel fan in the world !!!
- Complete tool free design
- HUGE 40cm fan pumps out more than 250CFM of airflow (for AeroRacer Pro models)
- Metal mesh ventilation design for good airflow with dust filter (for AeroRacer Pro models)
- Case Type: Middle Tower
- Material: SECC 0.6mm
- Motherboards: ATX & Micro ATX
- Chassis Dimensions: 410(H) x 190(W) x 450(D)
- Drive Bays: 4 x 5.25″ (External), 1 x 3.5″ (External), 4 x HDD (Hidden)
- Expansion Slots: 7 Slots Max length space available for PCI slots: 295 mm [11.6 inches] (without HDD installation)
- I / O Ports: 2 x USB2.0 / Earphone / Mic
- Side Fan: 400mm
- Speed (RPM): 400 RPM
- Air Flow (CFM): 250 CFM (MAX)
- Noise (dBA): 12 dB (A)
- Bearing: 2 Ball w/ Auto Re-Start
The AeroRacer Pro comes in a nice sturdy box with all specs and features listed on the ends, and sports images of the two color versions of the case on the side. Today we will be looking at the black version.
Out of the box we can see the AeroRacer Pro comes packed in the usual way, foam end caps and wrapped in plastic.
The finish of the front bay door is protected by a plastic wrap. This easily peeled off and left no residue.