3DMark Sky Diver Benchmark Now AvailableWed, Jun 11, 2014 - 9:00 AM
3DMark Sky Diver has been released with the most recent update of Futuremark 3DMark (version 1.3.708). Sky Diver is a new DirectX 11 benchmark test for gaming laptops and mid-range PCs. It’s ideal for testing mainstream graphics cards, mobile GPUs, integrated graphics and other systems that cannot achieve double-digit frame rates in the more demanding Fire Strike test. Together, Sky Diver and Fire Strike let you test the full range of DirectX 11 graphics hardware. Fire Strike is equivalent to testing a system with a modern DirectX 11 game on ultra-high settings. Sky Diver is more like running a game on normal settings. As a general guide:
- If a system scores less than 2800 in Fire Strike you should run Sky Diver.
- If a system scores more than 12000 in Sky Diver, you should run Fire Strike.
So, 3DMark now has a benchmark test for pretty much every class of hardware:
- Fire Strike, for high performance gaming PCs
- Sky Diver, for gaming laptops and mid-range PCs
- Cloud Gate, for notebooks and typical home PCs
- Ice Storm, for smartphones, tablets and entry level PCs
3DMark Sky Diver – Full Demo:
3DMark Sky Diver – All Tests: