256mb Kingston PC-3500Fri, Feb 14, 2003 - 12:00 AM
The Kingston memory came with a recyclable plastic box and a manual that explains basic installation and use.
An important factor in buying memory is the warranty. Kingston’s HyperX modules DO carry a lifetime warranty. This means that Kingston products are guaranteed to operate as specified by their datasheet and in the operating environment for which they were intended, for the life of the product.
From the Kingston website they state, “HyperX modules are designed for consumers who like to maximize the performance of their systems to allow for the optimization of memory parameters. With HyperX memory modules, gamers and PC enthusiasts can take full advantage of their system’s performance with the increased performance provided by the Kingston HyperX modules.”
- Memory amount: 256MB
- Access time: 5.0ns
- 434MHz (PC3500) Unbuffered DDR Modules
- CAS latency: 2 clock cycles
- RAS precharge: 4 cycles
- RAS active to precharge: 8 cycles
- Command rate: 1T (1 cycle)
- Aluminum heat spreader for thermal diffusion (Blue)
- Latency: 2-3-3-7-1T if one module is installed @ DDR 434
- PC3500 PCB height: 1.200″ (30.48mm)
Moving on to the benchmarks, let’s see how this ram performs!