13 Intel Core i7 LGA 1366 CPU Coolers ComparedFri, May 29, 2009 - 12:00 AM
Cooler Master V10
Now we have the Cooler Master V10. This would be the biggest air cooler that I have had the pleasure of using. The V10 is also the only hybrid cooler in the roundup. We recently had a full review of the V10 back in March by Brian. With a little prying Brian let loose of the V10 long enough to allow me to test it for the round up. I knew the V10 was big, but once in hand it hit me how big it truly is.
For a little fun and to put a little scale on it, I set a standard 12oz Dr. Pepper soda can next to the V10.
- Model: RR-B2P-UV10-GP
- CPU Socket: Intel LGA1366 & 775, AMD 754/939/940/AM2+/AM3
- Dimension: (L) 9.32 x (W) 5.11 x (H) 6.36 inches or 236.5 x 129.6 x 161.3 mm
- Weight: 2.65 lbs
- Heat Sink Material: Cu base, AL fin, 10 heatpipes
- Heat Pipes Dimensions: 6mm
- Fan Dimension: (L) 4.73 x (W) 1.00 x (H) 4.73 inches or 120 x 25 x120 mm
- Fan Speed: 800~2400 R.P.M
- Fan Airflow: 90 CFM (max)
- Fan Air Pressure: 2.94mm-H2O
- Bearing Type: Rifle Bearing
- Fan Life Expectancy: 40,000 hours @ 25 oC
- Fan Noise Level (dB-A): 17 dB-A (min)
- Connector: 4-Pin
- Fan Control: PWM
- Operation Temperature: 25 ~ 70 o
- Power: 70W (max)
- Rated Current: 9.8A (max)
The V10 has a nice finish to the base and is nice and flat. It is not a perfect mirror finish, but I have seen worse.
The V10 covers most if not all of the motherboard’s top half. So a large deep case will be needed.