13 Intel Core i7 LGA 1366 CPU Coolers ComparedFri, May 29, 2009 - 12:00 AM
Legit Reviews began posting pictures of the SpinQ back in August when the staff saw it at NVISION 08, and we previously reviewed the SpinQ on our Core 2 test system. So, if it looks familiar to you on the site that might be why. Thermaltake has now asked us to test it on our Core i7 system. Due to its cooling fin arrangement this cooler is one of the more visually interesting coolers I have looked at in a while, but more on this in a moment. Let’s take a quick look at the specifications for the SpinQ.
- Stylish Appearance: Classic Cylinder Heatsink and Spiral Aluminum Fins
- Optimized Structure: 6 Copper Heatpipes, 80mm Blow Fan, Low Noise Performance, VR™ Fan Control
- Smart Airflow Design: Integrated with System Fan, 360°Heat dissipation
- Model: CL-P0466
- Intel Socket LGA1366: Core i7, Socket LGA 775 : Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Quad / Core 2 Duo / Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Pentium / Celeron D / Celeron
- AMD Socket AM2 /AM2+ / 939 / 754: Phenom / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 / Sempron
Looking from the side I still can’t look at this cooler and not think of a comment from a friend that called it a “hamster wheel of death”
The SpinQ still sports the hard wired speed control.
It also comes with all the goodies it used to, along with the new LGA1366 mounting hardware.